Thursday, August 7, 2014

Instagram Post

          While I was walking around today in Prospect Park Zoo, taking pictures and trying to come up with a theme for today's Instagram post.  I was in front of the Red Panda exhibit taking pictures while at the same time kids were in astonishment by the cuteness of the Red Pandas.  The children began asking their parents, "is it a bear or is it a raccoon?"  I found myself pondering the same questions,  then my teaching fellow had come up with the idea of 'food for thought'.  Thus, 'Food For Thought Thursday' was created.  When I got back to the computer I did some research on what the Red Panda is.  It turns out the Red Panda is not a bear, in fact the word panda comes from the Nepalese word "ponya" which means bamboo or plant eating animal.  However it is related to both a raccoon and bears, yet it falls into its unique genus species called  Ailurus fulgens.  That's what my Instagram post became about.  Food for thought and Red Pandas.

                                                                                                                           -Brendan M.

Three Red Pandas by Brendan M.

No comments:

Post a Comment