Friday, August 15, 2014

A Day At the Health Center

I'm not the only lucky intern at the New York Aquarium this week, while I've been handling the social media aspect of things around here, Angel's been busy busy busy in the health center. Fortunately, she was able to answer a few questions so I can have a better understanding as to what her responsibilities are. Here's what she said.

Q: What kind of activities have you been up to? What's the agenda around? Is there's an agenda?
A: In the lab the agenda is to test the tank water and make sure it isn't toxic with nitrite, ammonia or dissolved oxygen.

Q: Have you enjoyed this internship?
A: Yes, I have. I learned so much in just the first day.

Q: Has the internship influenced you to study marine biology? Or science?
A: Oh yeah! I've always wanted to study marine biology since I became connected to the NY Aquarium.

Q: What advice would you give to anyone looking to be in your position?
A: Take any opportunity you get, not just for the money, but because you love it.

Q: Would you say this was a much needed work experience? Have you pulled anything from this?
A: Yes, I have expanded my knowledge on marine biology. Having this knowledge will show my future professors and scientists that I know what I'm doing.

Q: Would you want to do this again? Possibly for life?
A: If marine biology doesn't work out, then yes. I'd like to come back and work at the health center.

Displaying mms_20140815_151337.jpg
Dissolved oxygen testing in the lab.
Displaying mms_20140815_151354.jpg
Angel hard at work behind the scenes, testing
the waters

No comments:

Post a Comment