Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Audio/Visual internship was not my first choice when filling out the application to find my summer internship. While I had my doubts, now that it is all done, I thoroughly enjoyed it very much. The internship put me under Joseph Padilla who is a very nice man. Joseph was always guiding me whenever he told me to do something and gave constructive criticism. I feel I learned a lot under Joseph about not only the job but what type of person you need to be to work well.
          A lot of the time, we were working it was outside of the office and in the Zoo itself. This brought us to a couple of different areas that I have not been to and are closed off from the public. Seeing the way the staff works with each other intrigued me. Everyone seems to have the goal of doing their job to the best of their ability. This did not just seem like a regular job to people, they wanted more than their paycheck at the end of the week. They wanted the zoo to be run well. All the people I have met while being with Joseph, from maintenance to restaurant staff to zoo keepers all were kind to me and were excited to see a new intern. This is what made the internship so unique, the community the co-workers seem to have and to experience it makes me excited about if my future will end up a part of that.
-Vincent Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment